Tuesday 6 January 2009

Quick knits

Following on from my previous post, I decided to make a hairband using some Noro Kureyon that has been sitting in my stash for a while. Despite using bigger needles for casting off it is still a bit tight on that edge but that doesn't matter if I wear it with the cast on edge closest to my face, if that makes sense!

DSC04749

I love how the colours go with Noro yarn. I was going to make it a little deeper but I liked how the darker band looked.

Unfortunately DD (3 years old in 5 days!) decided that it would work quite well as a hat for her...

DSC04752

DSC04753


Yesterday I felt I should probably start on making some small soakers for Bump's imminent arrival. This is a small size curly purly soaker made in yarn that I dyed using food colourings MONTHS ago! Unfortunately some of the red dye transfered onto the green section which is why there is the occasional weird blob

DSC04754

I'm going to do some ribbed cuffs for the legs but need to work out how many stitches to pick up. I tried doing 34 last night using the same 3.5mm I used for the waistband and it came out far too small and tight looking. I'll try again later :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours of the soaker, gorgeous! I am very tempted to ask you to make me a headband but fear my incredibly short hair would just not work with it.. Boo, 'cos it's lovely!

    Looking at your knitted things always makes me feel sad that I didn't enjoy knitting more! I may have to give it another go (she says optimistically!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got about 50g of that yarn left if you want me to make one? Can't guarantee when I'd get it done or if it would suit short hair though.

    Why not try crochet? It's much quicker than knitting so you get that satisfaction of a finished item sooner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...