Wednesday 3 October 2012

WIP Wednesday

I'm genuinely surprised it's Wednesday already, this week seems to be speeding past! Crafting-wise I don't feel like I've got much done. This is my own fault because I've got 3 projects on the go whereas normally I'm pretty monogamous. So, first up here's my Saffron cardigan:

IMAG0556.jpg


As you can see, it's not really that different from Monday. Sleeves are a bit boring to knit so I've not done much work on them. Think I need to spend an evening with it in front of a good film :-)

My next WIP is my Bloom dress. I've finished the first lace pattern although you can't see too clearly on this picture. I was a little worried the yarn would be too busy to notice the lace but I think it will look ok. I love the funky pooling in the bodice section

IMAG0555.jpg


My final WIP is the one I'm most enjoying creating, although not to much weaving in all the ends! I've been making granny squares out of some left over yarn with a view to joining them all together with a navy border and making a blanket. Here are my completed ones so far, I took this picture last night which is why some of the ends aren't woven in

IMAG0553.jpg


There's a bit of a mixture of styles but I figured as it's a scrappy blanket that doesn't really matter! I'm aiming to make 84 squares for a 7 x 12 blanket and then I'll see how it looks. I've completed 21 squares and have another 7 to finish weaving the ends in. I love how fast they are to work up. Great fun!

IMAG0554


I'll hopefully be back on Friday to show off my finished Milo vest that I have finally wrestled off Eli. For more WIP Wednesday posts please check out Tami's Amis

16 comments:

  1. Loving the bloom dress.

    My scrap granny square blanket is 7 x 12. It seemed to be a good size when I was joining it last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of peeked at yours on rav to see what size you were making and then laid my squares out in that pattern to see how it looked. Figured I can always make some extra squares or do a thicker border but at least now I've got a number to aim for ;-)

      Delete
  2. I agree, sleeves are boring, I have a near finished Bella Mia, just waiting for 1.5sleeves... It will be worth it when I can be bothered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These sleeves have regular decreases and ruffles at the end so I have to keep measuring and counting rows *sigh* I'm working on it now though :-) I'm sure your Bella Mia will look lovely when it's done

      Delete
  3. Saffron looks just adorable. It is going to be really cute when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely pattern and the designer (Anadiomena) has a few adult-sized versions of her designs too. They're deceptively easy to knit :-)

      Delete
  4. Working on it during a film is the perfect idea, those sleeves will be done before you know it and then look you'll have a gorgeous little dress! Weaving in the ends for the granny blanket might be tedious, but think of the wonderful final product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm very excited about finishing the granny square blanket, I'm imagining loads of mis-matching clashing colours, fab :-D Working on the Saffron sleeves at the moment, at least the decreases mean the rounds get shorter and shorter lol

      Delete
  5. Love the colours in that bloom dress. So fitting for the name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too :-) The yarn is Strawberry Fields Forever by Zenstring. I lusted after it for months before I finally spotted some for sale and snapped it up. It's so nice to finally be able to use it :-)

      Delete
  6. Gosh I just love those ruffled edges on Saffron! Looks like that and Bloom are almost there - I'd push on for the FOs and try to ignore the siren call of granny squares :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. I might try rewarding myself with the promise of granny squares. If I do an arm on the Saffron I can make some or if I finish a lace repeat on the Bloom

      Delete
  7. Granny squares are excellent scrap projects! I like making mine bigger-- less ends, and a bigger blanket sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on making a huge granny square (or probably rectangle some how) to go on my younger son's bed. Elder son has a granny stripe blanket on the top bunk bed so I thought I granny square done in the same colours would co-ordinate but still be individual. I've promised myself I can order the yarn once I've got on with some other projects :-)

      Delete
  8. I love the bloom dress and the cardigan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...