Friday 28 December 2012

FO Friday Tree skirt!!!

Ta dah!!

DSC06292


I finished it on Boxing day (Wednesday) evening apart from a few final ends to weave in. I've just finished doing those and now here it is :-D

DSC06293


I am so, so, soooo pleased with it. Definitely a labour of love to use all those colours. I wanted to make sure the ends were really secure so I sewed each one individually rather than just crocheting over them. This skirt is going to LAST lol

DSC06294


I love how cosy it makes the Christmas tree look, like it's cuddled up under a blanket

DSC06296


Ravelry link here. Very simple pattern, just time consuming to make!

More FO Friday posts at Tami's Amis

14 comments:

  1. I love this!! After seeing yours part-way done, I was already scheming for my mom, who cannot find a tree skirt she likes-- this might be perfect for her. Yours is lovely, especially with all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :-) The squares are fairly mindless to do as long as you keep an eye on which side is which as they are wedge shaped. My only advice would be to start it early! Took me a month to finish it because I got so bored of sewing in all the ends lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished it! Oh it is gorgeous! This is the kind of project that ends up being a family heirloom, the colors are lovely and definitely worth the extra effort. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so lovely - I'm glad you got it finished. I love the bright colours you used. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tree skirt goes so well with your ornaments. It's just so fun like twinkling Christmas lights. You are quick too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crochet itself is fairly quick, it's all the ends to sew that takes so long lol.

      Delete
  6. Love those colors! You are quite ambitious to make this and have four kiddos. Kudos to you!

    Love your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome project.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a psychodelic tree skirt! It looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how cosy it makes the tree skirtChristmas tree look, like it's cuddled up under a blanket

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...