Tuesday 13 August 2013

Holiday knitting - a sock

This is a scheduled post as I'm on holiday with limited internet access so I won't be able to reply to comments straight away. I do appreciate them though :-)

Today I'd like to share with you my other holiday knitting project. This one is just a plain vanilla sock using this beautiful yarn from the Flamboyance Yarns Sock Club

DSC_0134


This is going to be my "in-car" knitting as it's nice and mindless. As usual I'll be magic looping them one at a time (I got in such a confused tangle of yarn when I tried TAAT socks that I'm more than happy to stick doing them this way!)

DSC_0372


At the point of writing this blog post (1st August!) I've only got a few rows done. However by the time you read this I may even have a sock finished!

Currently I have no idea what type of heel I'm going to be doing although I'm leaning towards doing a slip stitch heel. The cast on is my favourite Judy's magic cast on because it's so neat and straight forward to do. I'm looking forward to showing you my progress shots when I get back :-)

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the colours in that skein, so vibrant and fun. I have two pairs of socks on the go at the moment both toe up TAAT. The first pair I am knitting one from the outside of the cake and the other from the inside. The second pair I have two separate balls so far not too tangled but definitely not as easy to travel with as OAAT. Can't wait to see your progress when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved opening the parcel and discovering the yarn inside, I hope the other two colourways from the sock club are as lovely as this one. I got tangled doing TAAT on the sofa, I don't think my brain liked the extra effort involved lol

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...