Saturday 21 September 2013

Finished! (Almost)

I've finished my second Waihi sock! I kitchener stitched the toe while these photos were uploading :) I just need to give them a little wash and block and then I'll show them off on Friday next week. I am rather pleased with them :)

DSC_0798


Naturally with the ending of one project my mind has turned to the next one. It's a bit of a faff to get my swift and ball winder out so I try to do several skeins of yarn at a time. Look at this morning's collection of pretties

DSC_0792


The purple will be a lace shawl for my Mum. The red will be a scarf for my Dad. The rainbow at the top is for Mr Soaring Sheep's first pair of hand knitted socks as it's his birthday next week. I don't expect them to be finished in time but at least they should be on the way lol.

The orange yarn, well that's going to be some socks for me at some point. Probably plain vanilla although I'll have a look on ravelry to see if anything jumps out at me.

I'm now going to rest my arm from all that winding and have a cup of tea. Have a good weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of freshly wound yarn cakes. That orange catches my eye immediately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I've actually left them up on the fireplace as the colours co-ordinate well lol. The orange is yummy, I'm really looking forward to turning it into socks :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh lots of yummy yarns! I often do multiple projects worth at once too! Your Waihi looks good, looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Despite trying to be organised I ended up having to get my swift and winder out again today because I randomly decided to crochet another owl hat, oh well!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...