Monday 21 October 2013

Productive Weekend!

The weather is a bit pants here at the moment so instead of going out for a walk this weekend we stayed at home so I got some time to working on my WIP's. I've finished the current shawl clue, final one comes out tomorrow *excited*

After that I decided I wanted to work on my bag some more and it's almost finished!

DSC_0110


It's big and floppy and colourful and wonderful :) I'm now finishing off the second handle and then I'll probably do the flower decorations too before sewing it together

DSC_0111


Today though I've got an ill little boy at home who has been very patiently reminding me I need to finish his blanket so I thought I'd sew together a few rows so it looks like I'm making some progress. I've crocheted almost half the squares now so have a little pile to sew together :)

DSC_0108


Geez the light is terrible at the moment, I do apologise! I'm slip stitching the squares together with some blue yarn because I find it faster than sewing. I'm just joining them width-wise at the moment and then when that's finished I'll do the other direction. I've not bothered blocking them because it's a blanket, it's going to get crumpled anyway and I'm lazy! I might pin it out when it's finished and hover over it with a steam iron but probably not!

Does anyone else have some cheerful coloured projects on the go in this gloomy weather?

2 comments:

  1. I love how your son loves his mama's handcrafted blankets. I also liked that cute, red border on the bag. Great socks you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I've always got colourful socks on, probably one of the reason I've enjoyed making my own

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...