Tuesday 22 July 2014

Keep Calm Craft On

We had a bit of sad weekend. One of our hamsters had developed a condition called Cushings. It causes muscle wastage, fur loss and a compromised immune system. Unfortunately some small wounds on his stomach became infected and overwhelmed his little body so we had to make the decision to get him put to sleep. We've lost 3 hamsters this year but he was special because he was the first one I'd had since I was a child.

DSC06672


He was such a gentle character, I'm missing him a lot :-( Sleep peacefully Sherlock x


DSC_0968


I'm working on my cardigan and blanket this week. The children break up for their Summer holidays tomorrow so complicated projects are not an option! I've hopefully worked out the maths correctly for adding extra length to my cardigan and I've got another 2 inches to go before I start the ribbing at the bottom. Then it's just button bands and sleeves.

I think my ripple needs a red row soon to keep the colours in balance. I frequently have to lay it on the floor and squint at it to work out what to use next. I can't bring myself to just pick out a colour at random! Especially with such a wide range of colours.

I'm going to have a hot cup of tea and do some knitting now. Gotta make the most of the house still being quiet! Have a good week everyone, keep calm, craft on

10 comments:

  1. Losing a pet is always difficult, hang in there.

    Meanwhile, your projects are coming along beautifully, and as always, I'm looking forward to seeing more as each one evolves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry for your loss of little Sherlock x its never nice or easy x RIP x
    But lovely WIPs! Can't wait to see that blanket when its done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss of Sherlock.

    Your WIPs look wonderful. Enjoy your quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about Sherlock. A pet loss is always tough no matter how tiny they are! What a cutie he was! Your projects look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about little Sherlock. What a sweet looking guy!

    I love the purple of your cardigan. Such a striking colour. And the bright colours in the blanket are so happy! Great work, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to read about Sherlock :( sounds like he had a nice long life though!!

    I love your ripples! and I'm glad I;m not the only one that has to lay something down and make a decision every row or 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to read about Sherlock. What great coloring he had. And the fact that he's been around since childhood! Wow, what a lifetime he's had. Mine never lasted long. Your projects are color wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm sorry for your loss...I too had to put my hamster to sleep and it broke my heart. Your knitting is amazing--for a novice knitter like myself, how wonderful to be knitting a cardigan AND blanket! Aloha, Lori (visiting from KCCO!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about Sherlock - RIP. I love ripple, it is so lovely and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a handsome little fellow he was.
    So glad that he got to spend his life with someone so devoted to him!
    I am loving that purple.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...