Wednesday 10 June 2015

WIP Wednesday

This week feels like it's flying past, how is it Wednesday already? I've not really made much progress on my projects this week, been a bit distracted watching our new chickens. And then this morning we went to IKEA for some shelves and came back with lots of other useful stuff that we didn't realise we needed... Isn't that always the way lol.

DSC_0110


My rainbow socks are now onto the purple section, nearly ready to start the ribbing. I can't wait to have these finished and ready to wear.

DSC_0111


Speaking of finishing, I've completed the first of my Express lane socks and cast on the second one yesterday. I love how the stitch pattern flows into the ribbing. I tried to take a photo of it over my hand to give you an idea

DSC_0112



I think I'm going to make it this week's mission to get those rainbow socks finished. They've been hanging around too long and I want to cast on something new. No idea what but that's part of the fun isn't it :-)

Hop over to Yarn Along and Keep Calm Craft On for more crafty posts

17 comments:

  1. Love both your socks! The colors in each are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the rainbow socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those rainbow socks! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your rainbow socks, so close to being finished!! The blue socks have beautiful stitch details :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I'm planning on working on them a bit this afternoon, they seem to be growing even more slowly now I'm getting near to the end lol

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I like the cuff ribbing and how it flows into the sock pattern as well. It is always the smallest details that make the sock the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) Yes I liked that detail about them too :)

      Delete
  6. Those rainbow socks are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the colour of your express line socks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) They're actually more of a purple colour in real life but my camera was struggling with it.

      Delete
  8. Happiness is rainbow socks. The express lane sock is like cars racing in a tunnel at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, can't be sad when you've got rainbows on your feet :) Very poetic description there

      Delete
  9. Your socks are beautiful! :)
    We have had chickens for years...they are just a fantastic blessing! You can't beat farm fresh eggs! I hope you are enjoying them! :)

    Kindly,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)

      I've wanted chickens since I was a little girl. I remember going to someone's house who had some chickens in a little rabbit run thing and realising that you didn't have to have a whole farm just to have a few hens lol. Ours are only 8 weeks old so going to be a while before they're laying. Will be ever so exciting when they do though :)

      Delete
  10. Both pairs of socks are fabulous! Your rainbow ones are so nearly there!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...