Tuesday 1 September 2015

Keep Calm Craft On

September 1st marks the first day of Autumn for those of us in the Northern hemisphere. Unless you count it from the Autumn equinox or another date. I'm calling it from today :-p I've probably said before that I never used to like Autumn that much but as I've got older I've grown to love it more and more. This morning I went out in the garden, it was cool and the smell of a neighbour's bonfire last night lingered in the air. It made me think of those lovely Autumn walks in the woods scuffing your feet though piles of dead leaves and enjoying the peace and quiet. Can't wait :-)

DSC_1028


DSC_1030


DSC_1031


It's the last week of the Summer holidays for my children. I know some are going back this week but mine don't start until Monday. My youngest who is starting school this year begins on the Thursday after that so I'll have her to myself for 3 days when the others go back. We'll meet up with friends, go for walks and probably do some baking together too :-)

DSC_0003


We've had a busy weekend decorating two more rooms. The children have had some late nights as a result of us needing to move furniture back and reassemble bunk beds etc. so they're a bit grumpy. I'll show you some photos later on this week hopefully, of the rooms that is, not the grumpy children!

DSC_1027


For now I'd better go make some lunch and hopefully I can squeeze in a bit of sock knitting later. Have a good week everyone

Keep Calm Craft On 

15 comments:

  1. Your flower pics are fantastic! Such vivid color. Your sock seem to be coming along nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower pictures. That red is stunning against the teal wall.
    Enjoy these last days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The wall is actually a rich green but the light was so bad from the rain clouds that my camera decided to alter it :-S

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are hearty. I'm glad you're getting in some craft time amongst the redecorating and children at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Not as much crafting time as I'd like and more cleaning but we've had some lovely days together. I might miss them a little when they're back at school ;-)

      Delete
  4. Hands down Fall is my favorite!!! The fridp air, the COLORS!! Love the colors you've been putting on your walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely learning to appreciate it as a season. I still prefer Spring though lol

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are gorgeous. Hope you have a brilliant last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a great September and autumn too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what lovely flowers, and gorgeous sock yarn too. We have Kitty starting school on Monday and I can't believe how fast five years can pass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's scary isn't it. Doesn't seem that long ago that my eldest was starting school and I was pregnant with my youngest :(

      Delete
  8. have fun this week! love your knitting and those flowers are vibrant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Evelyn! Beautiful photos and lovely works in progress.
    For me too autumn starts at the beginning of September. I think I have always liked autumn, its colours and light and smells.
    Keep Calm Craft On sounds like a solid piece of advice and the link-up looks very nice. :)
    Have a lovely new week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...