Wednesday 18 November 2015

Wednesday's WIP's

Yes I know, I can't quite believe it myself, an actual knitting post ;-) It helps that the puppy is finally having a snooze, he got to that overtired and bitey stage which isn't much fun. So then, what have I been knitting?

DSC_0620


Well I have made some progress on these two projects since I showed them to you last. The socks are based on the Rye pattern but made using sockyarn. They caught my Mum's eye when she last visited us so I'm going to give them to her when they're finished. As you can see I'm onto the ribbing of the first sock and as I started these in July I don't think she'll be getting them any time soon...

The sweater is for my son using the Little Spare Time pattern. I've rejoined the knitting after doing the front and back flat for the pockets. I think now I'm about ready to do the edging but I want to try it on him first to make sure the length is right. It shouldn't be far off but as my gauge wasn't quite right I'd prefer to make sure.

That's all I've got to show you at the moment. Pippin the puppy is taking up a lot of time in the day and then by the time Mr Soaring Sheep is home in the evening I'm too tired to want to do any knitting. He's sleeping longer at night now but it's still going to be another 3 weeks+ before he's allowed out for walks. For now all the entertainment he gets is either at home with me or when I take him out round the village in a baby sling so he can meet people. He's getting bloomin' heavy now though lol

DSC_0621


His favourite spot at the moment seems to be squeezed between the sofa and the radiator. I took this photo this morning but he's snoozing there now. Funny boy :-)


Linking up with Keep Calm Craft On and Yarn Along

11 comments:

  1. Oh!! What a cute puppy!! Love your red project - the your tension is so even!! And this sock is just a splash of color - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I knit for the first two months of puppyhood. They are so busy!! love your projects and hope you get some knitting time tucked in here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are looking great - I love those colors. And the pup is precious, as always <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your Pippin - what a love! I bet your son is eyeing that sweater and waiting for it to come off the needles - looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A puppy is another child. He is flourishing so well under your roof. He has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your puppy is SO cute! He does look too big for a sling though. Puppies grow a lot faster than babies, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for being able to do some knitting during nap time! The time will pass before you know it and then you can go out for some great walkies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for some gorgeous knitting - what lovely colours of yarn you have and oh sweet puppy - I think that might be the right place to be right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it bad that I am thrilled to see puppy photos?!!! I love the knitting, but the puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable little puppy!! I have a few crochet projects going but they have been at the lay side for over a month now. Since the time change I just can't get back into the groove of anything!! Love your WIPs especially the rep romper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course the puppy is taking up your time, I can totally understand why! Your projects are coming along nicely though as well, lovely sock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...